The Association of Art & Antiques Dealers
535 Kings Road,
T: 020 7823 3511
F: 020 7823 352
The National Fine Art & Antique Fair is held in association with LAPADA The Association of Art & Antiques Dealers and the majority of the exhibitors are members of what is the UK’s largest association of professional dealers. With some 600 dealers spread throughout the country, members cover virtually every discipline from antiquities to contemporary fine art including fine furniture, clocks, ceramics, silver, jewellery, paintings, textiles and many more.
LAPADA members must meet the Association’s high standards regarding experience, quality of stock and knowledge of their subject and agree to abide by the Association’s strict Code of Practice so that you can buy with confidence. In addition to the protection the LAPADA Code of Practice affords, art and antiques dealers must comply with all consumer protection laws and there are other important advantages to buying from and selling to a professional dealer compared with auctions. Remember that when buying at auction you may have to pay as much as 25% Buyer’s Premium (plus VAT) on top of the sum you actually bid.
LAPADA offers a number of services to the public:
- A free booklet on The Care of Art and Antiques
- A printed Directory of Members.
- Advice on exporting.
- Certificates of Age for export purpose.
- Details of specialist shippers, restorers and other approved service providers.
- LAPADA Gift Vouchers for an unusual birthday, Christmas or retirement gift.
- A Wedding Present Service enabling a couple to ask their guests to contribute to LAPADA Gift Vouchers so they can choose their own present in the form of a work of art.
- A free conciliation service in the unlikely event of a dispute with a member.
Full details of members, their stock and how to find them as well as much other useful information and advice can be found on the Association’s website www.lapada.org.